- Time to touch up on a very picky subject. Sinners and Christians alike for some reason think that having children is a blessing until you have over 2 or 3. Then they are a burden. Some believe that having just 1 can be a burden. But they are all wrong. No where in the bible does it say anything bad about children. As a matter of fact, the bible tells you to have children. Take a few close looks at the scripture.
“Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate. Psalms 127 : 3-5”
Interesting. Children aren’t a burden.
- They are a heritage of the Lord. This does not say heritage of you. It is a heritage of God, which means You didn’t make that baby for yourself. GOD wanted you to be blessed with that baby. God gave you a heritage. You inherited this baby that God has given you. Its not a burden, its a privilege.
- They are the fruit of the womb. What is fruit? Something sweet. Something that is pleasureful. A luxury even. A life given substance. God called them fruit because their not just some parasite. They are something of far more worth.
- They are a reward. Self-explanatory. I shouldn’t have to say any more. But if that was the case there would be no need for this post. They are a reward. I want you to remember that next time you are at home and you have bad thoughts about your own children or other peoples children.
These 3 things describe children as God sees them. But instead of accepting God’s gift and blessings in the form of a small baby, we give them away or worse, we kill them.
Hosea 9:11 says “As for Ephraim, their glory shall fly way like a bird, from the birth, and from the womb, and from the conception.” and vs 14 says “Give them, O Lord: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts.”
There are a few things to point out here…
- That children are such a wonderful blessing that God actually closed the womb, as punishment.
- This proves that God controls conception and birth.
- Most importantly God refers to the conception of children as Glory.
And in Luke 1:36 we see that a woman who was barren and in her “old age”, that God opened her womb to conceive and give birth. And with Mary who had never been with a man, God planted HIS seed inside of her, so that she conceived and gave birth.
In Gensis 4:1 the bible says “And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.” Interesting how we see that it took three things to create the child. It took the seed that God created to fertilize an egg that God also created, and likewise it took God to guide the process.
Psalms 139:13-14 the bible says “For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise thee: for I am fearfully wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.”
Another translation says “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.”
It is plain to see here that it is God who controls the conception, the growing child, and the birth.
And if you search through the gospels of God’s word you will see that Jesus tells us time and time again that those that curse children will be punished. And those that bless children will be blessed.
I will conclude on this thought, if you believe that everything has a purpose, that everybody has a purpose, then why do you try to hit the abort button on God’s plan for your children? Wether it is by birth control, by getting a vasectomy, or getting your tubes tied, or worse, planning the abortion, you are destroying not only human life which is against God’s law, “Thou shalt not kill.” but also rejecting the Lords blessing on your life. Someone once asked why hasn’t there been a cure for Cancer, or Aids, or World hunger? And someone answered, because you continue to abort them.
The main excuse I hear today is, “Don’t bring a child in this world with the way it is today.” So let me ask you a question? If in March of 1918 someone went up to a woman and said “The world is going to go to chaos. Crime rates will rise, wars will break loose, there will be a great depression, and a terrorist attack that kills many. There will be earthquakes and tsunamis and hurricanes will greatly increase in severity. The economy will plunder and jobs will be scarce. People will live in poverty from not getting enough income and drug use and alcoholism will be everywhere and homosexuality will not only increase but be the “cool thing to do. You should kill that baby so it won’t have to live through it, or not have any children for that reason, then that woman would have killed Billy Graham.” Even if you feel like you never amounted to nothing, it doesn’t mean that your child can’t grow up to be the next deliverer of God’s Children.
Who are we to play God in decided which life should live? And how dare we try to Abort God’s plan.