So Mr. Evangelist, it seems like after reading Evangelism 101 you find yourself in a tricky situation. You find that once you have become a Christian, it is pretty easy to talk to people about your Christian life. But it seems that there are some that are a little stubborn and just won’t listen when you ask them to accept Jesus as THEIR savior. In this blog we will discuss different solutions to try in these unfortunate circumstances.
You have a friend, or family member, or just someone you care about, who doesn’t know Jesus. But you have an urgency in your heart to show them the light so that they too can be saved and not eternally damned to a forever lake of fire. It’s only normal to feel this urgency. As a matter of fact, MOST Christians don’t feel that urgency, but people like Jesus, Peter, and Paul felt this urgency and even told us to feel the urgency because the Lord is returning soon. But your friend or family member doesn’t want to listen. They change the subject or avoid it all together. What do you do? For most people my advice would be: “Follow God’s Instructions”. But for those that are unlearned I will discuss what to do in these times.
- Don’t Stop. The Bible says in Isaiah 62:1 “For Zion’s sake I will not keep silent, and for Jerusalem’s sake I will not be quiet, until her righteousness goes forth as brightness, and her salvation as a burning torch.” Think on this a min. before continuing and get in this mindset. I will not stop, or keep quiet, or silent until Jesus returns and the world sees her salvation. We’re not there yet. And until that day comes, Do Not Stop! Don’t stop preaching, Don’t stop witnessing, Don’t stop praying, Don’t stop inviting them to church. If you stop, they win. Satan wins. Isaiah had the mindset of urgency by proclaiming I WILL NOT STOP PREACHING UNTIL TIME COMES TO AN END!
- Love them. You may be the only Jesus that person will see. So make sure that you never quit showing them love. God’s love. The bible says in Romans 5:8 God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Jesus loves them EVEN THOUGH that person is a sinner. Jesus loves them even when they reject Him. But when the time comes when they must meet Him face to face on Judgment day, God will say “I don’t know you, depart from me you doer of iniquity.” So we must make sure we show them the same love so that they know we don’t want to give up on them. And that there is a God who loves them too.
- Pray. Prayer is one of the only ways of communication to God. So pray that the Lord will convict their heart so they may see they need Jesus more than anything. Continue to pray that the Lord tells you exactly what to say and do. The bible says Matthew 10:19 Do not be anxious how you are to speak or what you are to say, for what you are to say will be given to you in that hour. This means that know that Jesus is with you and He will tell you what to say. Because another way God communicates with us, is through His word. The bible. So read His word daily to be prepared for times like these. When the time comes, pray that the Lord reminds you of His words. To give you wisdom and knowledge so that you can get through to this person. A combination on prayer for wisdom, and prayer for the other person to feel convicted and open their heart is the best way to approach. Note: This is a must!!!
- Show and tell. Quit tell them what God CAN do, and start showing them what God HAS done through YOUR testimony. Your testimony may be the BEST testimony for this situation. Use it. If you discuss what God has done in the past, such as He made the earth and trees, they will just try to argue evolution. So don’t get on the path on comparison between God and their beliefs. Stay on God’s mercy and grace on Your life, and what He CAN do in theirs.
- Shake the dust off. The bible says in Mark 6:11 And if any place will not receive you and they will not listen to you, when you leave, shake off the dust that is on your feet as a testimony against them.” This does not mean “give up”. This simply means, don’t let it get to you. But don’t fret about something to much and surround your life around that one person. Because you have work that needs to be done else where too. Keep inviting them, keep praying, keep preaching, keep loving and keep telling them of what God has done for you, but don’t be discouraged because they still reject it. There is not much more you can do. You must leave them to their fate. Because when one rejects Christ, they have no salvation. And warn them of their future for chosing to reject Him.
- Remind them of their future. If all else fails, tell them what they have to look forward to. They story of Lazaras and Abraham tells us of the torture we can face in hell Luke 16:23-24 and in Hell, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side. And he called out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame.’ Remind them if they don’t come to Christ, then they will face the same fire. Remind them that they will be eternally burning in the lake of fire asking for death but won’t be able to find it.
6 Easy steps to take and remember when faced with a problem of rejection towards Jesus. Dont stop, show them love, pray for them, show them your testimony. When these things don’t work, then you must shake the dust off your feet and remind them of their future. Leave them with their decision. Sometimes if you push, they will feel intimidated and run. So don’t push. Instead love. And remember that the work that you are performing here, is the greatest work you can do for Jesus. Because the greatest miracle in God’s eyes is bringing a lost soul to Him. And the number one priority in the Christian works is soul saving.
But always remember this, You can not save a lost soul. You can only show them the way to salvation. It is their choice wether they want to proceed down that path or not. Your job is not to convince them of anything, but only to SHOW!!! If you try to do God’s job instead of your own, then things will not work the way you want. Because its not about what you want. Its about what God wants and what that person needs. So may God bless you on your daily walk with Christ. Now go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that Jesus has commanded you. And behold, He is with you always, to the end of the age.”