The Holy Ghost. Some believe it is just the spirit that lives in you once you are saved. Others believe you can be completely be engulfed by it. Also known as Baptism of the Holy Ghost. But is there such thing as the Baptism of the Holy Ghost? You know, where the people seem to get out of hand and out of control. Its almost embarrassing? Maybe you were always taught that it was foolishness. Or that it was only for the disciples and apostles in the biblical time. Well I guess it’s time to investigate. That is what this blog is for after all right? So lets take a look.
1. Who is the Holy Ghost? The bible says “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.” Which is to say, Jesus was on the earth for 30 some years, and since his flesh had to leave, he said he will send someone else to take his place. This Comforter will NEVER leave. Only Christians can receive the Holy Ghost, and those that believe, because the world (the carnal man) does not see him or even know him. So Jesus told us The Holy Ghost was coming, lets see when He got here. “And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.” So now we see that He came during the book of Acts. They were all baptized with the Holy Ghost. So if you believe in the Bible, then you believe in the Holy Ghost. Period.
2. What does the Holy Ghost do? Lets take a look. Not only do we see that he is the comforter that is with us forever, but we also see “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” Wow, now we get power? Now thats something interesting.
3. So what kind of power is this supposed to be? “
4. What other power is there? As if that is not enough? To save souls and heal the sick and cast out devils? Well the word also tells us “But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each on
individually as He wills.” Now i will number each one of these 9 gifts so you can have all of them at a quick glance.
- The Word of Knowledge
- The Word of Wisdom
- The Gift of Porphecy
- The Gift of Faith
- The Gifts of Healings
- The Working of Miracles
- The Discerning of Spirits
- Diffrent Kinds of Tongues
- The Interpretation of Tongues.
But i thought speaking in tongues was of the devil! Well it says in the word that the SAME SPIRIT works all these things. The disciples heard about a man who was casting devils out of people in Jesus name but didn’t follow Him or the disciples. But Jesus said There is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. And you can not over look the miracles that take place today through prayer and faith and the power of God through someone else.
- “Therefore, bretheren desire earnestly to prophesy” (1Corinthians 14:39)
- “…And desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy” (1 Corinthians 14:1)
- “Do not quench the Spirit, do not despise prophecies” (1 Thessalonians 5:19)
- “Do not neglect the gift that is in you…Meditate on these things, give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all” (1 Timothy 4:14)
- “Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands” (2 Timothy 1:6)
Even though I hear alot of Christians and Preachers say that no one can prophecy. But Joel and Acts tells us that in the latter days that the young men shall prophesy and old men will dream. Speaking of Joel and Acts, they also tell us, that in the end of days God will pour out his spirit (Holy Ghost) among ALL flesh…wow. So everyone in the World will be in one place (spiritual mindset) and one accord? (Same goal) Thats what the bible tells me. Because every Christian believes we are living in those “Last days” And I believe that will see those Fiery Christians fill with the Holy Ghost, start a wild fire.
I will post more on the gifts a little later. So subscribe so you know when its here!