So what is a Church anyway? By definition it is a place of public worship. A building consisting of at least 4 walls and a steeple on top. With a sign out front announcing what it is, when it starts, who the “Leader” is and sometimes a clever little message to make people think. Most have a Pastor, some with deacons and bishops. Clerks and even some planners. Most churches are ran by a self-made government. In which is the “White House” of the denomination. A place where Christians go to worship Jesus Christ. Sitting on pews, or chairs listening to a man they idolize. And when church is over they go on there way and get back in the world, doing the same thing everyday until the next Church Service. Quite repetitive actually.
But what does the Bible say about the 4 walled church? Perhaps the clearest passage is Hebrews 10:24-25, which says, “Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another–and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” The purpose of the church is to provide believers a place to belong, to offer encouragement and support as people of like mind come together for worship and growth. It is a place where local Christians can team up to shine as a lighthouse to the surrounding community. It is a place to be served, and it is also a place to reach out and serve others–within the church, in the community, and around the world. The fact that we can go to a place where we can worship God with out mordancy helps the encouragement of those who are feeling weak. The world may be an abominable place, the Church is the only place where people can find the carnal refuge. That is tremendous. But the only problem with the churches 4 walls today is, the fact it has become the comfort zone. Thats right. Most churches today are filled with Pro-Life, God-Fearing, Humble, walk in light, Hypocrites.
Yup, I meant what I said. You know those people who sit in those pews with the nicest suit, and the most money paid in tithes and has the I’m Holy attitude. But did you know that there was churches 2000 years ago? In the temple there were the religious leaders, called the Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes, and so on. Those were those “God-Fearing” men who said “Men can not wear there hair long, and women MUST wear ankle length dresses, and no jewelry. Kid’s can’t wear shorts on the church stage, and a preacher can not preach without a suit and tie. And if you believe any different you are going to burn in hell!!” Those are the ones who fill up most churches today. But Jesus warned those people, and those churches when He said “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.”
Jesus called the Pharisees Hypocrites.. There are 2 kinds of 2 faced hypocrites. You have the Obvious ones and Unapparent ones.
- The Obvious are those who preach against smoking, and yet they smoke. Those who preach against drinking, yet they drink. Those who chastise you for things you are doing and they are doing the same thing. But Jesus said, “Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.”
- The Unapparent ones sometimes don’t know they are being hypocritical. They are the ones who live right, and worship God. But they contradict themselves in there teachings of the Word and even what they say. They will teach you erroneous things that they themselves may not believe. As a matter of fact there not even sure in what they are teaching. The unapparent ones are known more or less as the Pharisees mentioned in the verse above. “appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness. ” These are the high and mighty ones that fill you thoughts with meaningless words. They go to church and look holy, and once they are outside, they are living the same way they always have. Sin.
They don’t realize there is a difference between religion and Christianity.
- Religion is man trying to bring himself to God. Christianity is Christ bringing us to God (1Peter 3:18)
- Religion is a ritual. Christianity is a relationship.
- Religion says “I must reform my life” Christianity says “I must be born again”
- Religion is seeking to earn God’s favor by works. Christianity is Receiving God’s favor by grace and faith.
- Religion is the law that must be kept or face the consequences. Christianity is Christ fulfilling that law.
Christianity is not a Religion. Its a life. But our churches today are full of religion, pharisees and hypocrites. The whole religion is focused on these 4 walls and the people inside of it. God forbid we talk with some filthy sinners. Unless of course we tell them they are going to hell if they don’t accept Christ as their savior! After all the bible does say be ye separate from the world, because Jesus said I’m not of the world, but IN it, and the bible also says that the righteous shall not fellowship with the unrighteous and that we shouldn’t even EAT with such sinners!
Maybe so but Jesus didn’t say Go ye unto all the churches! He said go ye unto all the Christians? no…WORLD! He told us to preach the gospel (Good news) to the WORLD! Not to some pew warmers inside a 4 wall church. Jesus said “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing…” He also said “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do.” He said “I was not sent here for the saints, but for the SINNERS!” And it is our job to take that gospel to the WORLD. What does that mean? It means you have to go out into this filthy world, and fellowship with people. What does the bible mean about eating and fellowshipping with them then? It means its your job not to run with them and do the same things they are. Be IN the world. Not of it. Be ye not conformers of the world, but transformers. Be the Christian that goes into the filthy world with the filthy sinners and pull them out! Don’t go in and waller like the pigs. But bring them out! Thats what the invisible church is.
The Invisible Church is the church that don’t have to wait for a service to Worship. We don’t have a Pastor to Idolize. We don’t live the hypocritical lives. The Invisible Church doesn’t have 4 walls. And doesn’t have a leader. Save for the one, Jesus Christ. We praise God in all we do. We worship God only. We live a Christian life in a religious world, and are 4 walls are the 4 corners of the earth. We don’t spend the most of our time in a steeple top church, with fellow Christians. We go there for encouragement. Most of our time, is spent with sinners. If Ephesians says to Imitate Christ, why are we living in the comfort zone of a church, and not following his footsteps and reaching out to the lost. I am part of the Invisible Church. With no barrier, no boundaries, and no limits. To say we can’t do this because we are a small church, doesn’t really trust in God to much do they? Sometimes the worse thing we fight our faith with is Common Sence. We think common sence says don’t preach to the guy with the poisonous snake, because it will bite and kill you. But God says, there is no boundries, and that snake wont hurt you. GO!! So what do you say church? You ready to get out of your comfort zone, and get inside the Invisible Church?